Tuesday, September 19, 2006

par

so, here i am...listening to the pop music yahoo station trying to catch up on new music, continuing to press the copy button every 20 copies on our small copier because that is all it can take at once without jamming and i am making that many copies because they are registration forms for the new after school club year, eating a chicken shish with the other hand, and blogging somewhere in between. i am trying to get as much done before my 6:00 meeting. thats right, a meeting at 6:00 in the evening, and i'm grateful. grateful that this guy was willing to squeeze me in today, my one big non-olyvia day this week.

from what i can tell this is my new normal as a working mom.

*BIG NEWS*
becca harvey is coming to our rescue. she has agreed to be our nanny for this school year! she gets here in a week and a half. i believe we have scheduled approximately 36 hours for her to get over jet lag before throwing her in to the deep end. okay, maybe a little more.

also, i am working on a work out play list. no comments.

here is the list so far....
  1. beautiful day - u2-perfect to get me off my butt and in the right frame of mind
  2. against the grain-garth brooks -he's from yukon...reminds me of home, plus decent lyrics
  3. just a girl-no doubt- i want to be gwen stefani and this is an anthem for strong women
  4. faith-george michael- i'm not sure if i'll keep this, but its fun, i also learned he is from north london
  5. jesus is just alright-dctalk-this song is my whole high school and college life in one song, it makes me smile the most out of my whole list, rap of a bygone era
  6. don't stop til you get enough- michael jackson- soon to be dropped, i can't find a michael jackson song i like with the right beat
  7. crush your idols-charlie hall- possibly my favourite worship leader, tied with jeff goss. also from oklahoma (take note all those who think ohio is as good as oklahoma!)
  8. undignified-david crowder band-there is nothing more undignified than me working out, plus a great beat
  9. happy song-delirious-may get dropped, have you ever noticed ego in any of the delirious stuff? maybe its just my own issue, but it distracts me a little
  10. stronger-britney spears- come on, it was written to work out to, plus at this point i start thinking, okay, i have done more than i would have sitting at home sitting on my butt watching the o.c. (more to come on that) so i need something to push me an extra few minutes.

this may be the only play list ever that includes charlie hall, no doubt, and garth brooks. but it is so me!

soon to be added (i.e. when i can figure out how to download onto my own ipod and don't have to rely on tim to be so inclined...it may be awhile)

  1. promise of a new day-paula abdul -you know she makes you smile too, your just too proud to admit it!
  2. let me entertain you-robbie williams (because he does, and its a little tribute to england, but he's not my boyfriend)

their are 2 requirements to be on my workout play list.


1. it must be upbeat to the point that is pushes me, not just catchy. you can see the above list as examples. i have had some other songs i tried and eliminated because their beat helps me slack, not hit my level 7 that oprah and bob green say i should shoot for.

2. it must make me smile. not random meaningless songs, but i must connect with them in some way. a memory, a person, something.

why do you care what my requirements are? because i am asking for your input. if you are still checking my blog at this point, then you probably care about me and know me pretty well. so, make your suggestions freely, but don't take it personally if your suggestion gets vetoed...

and i won't take it personally if there are no comments on this blog.

okay, that's not true. i totally will. so please think and comment. for my self esteem if nothing else!

Comments on "par"

 

Blogger Tim said ... (10:30 AM) : 

Loser, by Beck. : )

 

Blogger jsi said ... (4:28 PM) : 

Hi Jamie, its Jessie. I enjoy catching your posts and listening to what you have to say about yourself and England and such. You could perform a psycholocial couch session on examining a person's playlist - and you so boldly placed it on your blog for the world to see - how brave and strong! I really enjoy Garth, yet so many of his albums include slow tunes, you gotta look to keep the upbeat ones in place view.
I tried using an ipod for my workout time, but found what charged and energized me most was having no words, no music SILENCE! I needed a quiet spot in my day where I didn't have to say or consider anyone's ideas or come up with my own. Everyone's plugged in in different ways. Enjoy your day today!

 

Blogger Becs said ... (4:47 AM) : 

"I believe we have scheduled approximately 36 hours for her to get over jet lag before throwing her in to the deep end."

Way to make a poor girl sweat, Jamie... ;)

I mean, are you READY?!? T-minus 53 hours (give or take a couple minutes) until THE INVASION. *dun dun duuuuuuh*

 

Blogger jamie said ... (1:59 PM) : 

okay, thanks for the sweet comments. its always good to hear from you, jessie and bec, and maybe i should just be content that you still check my blog....

but where are the song suggestions?

 

Blogger we are the spencers said ... (5:04 PM) : 

anything and everythying avril lavigne!!!!!!!! she is so totally awesome and always on my playlist (when i used to actually go to the Y) and also sheryl crow, mariah carey (fantasy, always be my baby, daydream). and no comments on mariah you actually put dc talk on your list.

 

Blogger Becs said ... (7:15 PM) : 

Most of the music I WOULD suggest you may not know...so I'll go with:
~"Minor Thing" by RHCP
~"Girl" by Beck
~"For Nancy" by Pete Yorn
~pretty much anything by The Go! Team (my pick would be "The Power Is On")
~"Billie Jean"
~"I Was Born (A Unicorn)" by The Unicorns (Ok, so this one you probably don't know, but it's awesome and ALWAYS makes me smile)
~"Chocolate" by Snow Patrol
~"Are You Gonna Be My Girl" by Jet
~"Good Luck" by Basement Jaxx
~"Do It Alone" by SUGARCULT (I was skeptical, too. But this is a really fun song!)

So, I'm not sure if this helps and/or meets your requirements; but even if you don't want to work out to it, this would make a GREAT mix! : )

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:52 PM) : 

I love the playlist. I am a huge U2 fan (seen them live twice). As well as DCTalk and the David Crowder Band.
If I were to suggest an artist it would have to be something by Justin Timberlake- I know how embarrassing but he has a lot of upbeat tunes... plus, he's cute, right? Bonus.
:-)
Cheers!

 

Blogger jamie said ... (12:09 PM) : 

well, danielle, at least dctalk have kept their clothes on and not become hoochymamas (spelling?)! :)

i will definitely check out avril, justin (he is cute, but kinda skinny and his hair reminds me of my brother!)

bec, its a good thing you are here cuz i don't recognize a thing on your list!

 

Blogger Sean said ... (1:03 AM) : 

mk a couple of songs

um...thriller

with or without you ( its my favorite and when it hits the "Ohs" you will run like the wind)

secret ambition (crowder version)

walking on sunshine

anything from the rocky 4 soundtrack ( ....wait for it... Hearts on fire! Strong desire! Rages deep within!...Drago!)
I'm going to go work out

 

Blogger anniebuck2 said ... (12:30 AM) : 

Here are some of my suggestions:

ABC- Jackson 5
The Theme from Mission Impossible- Mission Impossible Original Sound Track
Ready, Steady, Go- Paul Oakenfold
Madazulu- Deep Forest
Lovechild[liquid beats remix]- Grits
Anthem- Superchic[k]
It's On- Superchic[k]
One Time- Earthsuit
Alive and Amplified- The Mooney Suzuki
New Way to be Human- Switchfoot
I'm not sure if you like any of these songs or even if you've heard of any of them. Hope you're doing well!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:13 AM) : 

So, I was talking to our good friend Katina the other day about our dance that we wish we could perform at our good friend mark's wedding. Anywho, she told me about your little website and I have spent the day not painting our living room, giving Grace a bath or the million other things that i have put off for the weekend, but instead cruising this site. How FUN!!!! Olivia is beautiful. So wish I could see her and her parents in person.

As for my song to add to your list, how 'bout Shine Jesus Shine? But not Banner.

 

post a comment