Friday, April 20, 2007

good news...and bad news (aka another update on the trauma/drama about preganancy, childbirth, and motherhood)

I am declaring it officially and publicly…I have returned to my pre-olyvia size

That’s the good news....

But, somehow nothing between my knees and neck looks like it used to

That’s the bad news.

I have now purchased several garments in the size I used to wear before being blessed with Olyvia. So, I excitedly dug out the few treasured items I have held onto in faith and hope that I would eventually be able to wear them again. And finally that day arrived, after much work, weaping, and nashing of teeth. Imagine my shock when those %*^*&%^*&%) jeans still did not fit. It seems that cut of trouser (pants) is important and is even more important now than before.

I shared my disappointment, dismay, and disbelief with my long-suffering, encouraging husband. He was quiet for a minute (I could tell he was wisely reflecting on what he should say before speaking, not always one of his best skills) then calmly said “I guess that is what they mean by your body never goes back to what it was like before”. Fortunately he is great at letting me know he likes how I look!

I put the holy grail of jeans back up and have resolved to keep at it.

Can I get an amen, if you’ve been there? Stories of success are welcome responses. No stories of failure are welcome.

If you haven’t yet become a mama…don’t say I didn’t warn you!

Comments on "good news...and bad news (aka another update on the trauma/drama about preganancy, childbirth, and motherhood)"

 

Blogger we are the spencers said ... (2:24 AM) : 

i too wonder how i could be back to my "pre-eva size" and yet somehow things are different. i can't quite put my finger on it. unfortunately certain areas "up top: shrunk way too much and other areas "not up top" didn't shrink so much. keep up the good work and congrats on reclaiming your new and improved pre-olyvia body. i just keep reminding myself how amazing eva is and that i was fortunate enough to grow her in my belly!

 

Blogger Becca D. said ... (8:32 PM) : 

Unfortunately I'm finding out that you don't even have to have HAD kids to discover that your body regretably changes as you age!! And if you want to keep it fabulous you have to work out SO hard that you don't have time to do anything else!!! UGH!!!! Ha! "Here's to trying to be 'beach ready' for my Mexico trip this August!"

 

post a comment